lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] @INC complexities now that Clownfish runtime is separate
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 01:13:36 GMT
Greets,

I was talking last night with Kurt about running the indexing benchmarker, and
he pointed out that the documentation is out of date.  The problem is, now
that the Clownfish runtime is built separately from Lucy, there's no directory
from which you can run the script and have it find all the right modules --
even with `perl -Mblib`.  To make things work you need to hack some blib dirs
into @INC, possibly using PERL5LIB.

A nasty little workaround is put some `use lib` directives at the top of
devel/benchmarks/indexers/lucy_indexer.plx which allow it to be run from
within `$REPOS_ROOT/perl/`.  I think that's our only realistic option, right?

Ultimately, this gets solved by having the Clownfish runtime be a prerequisite
you're expected to install.

Marvin Humphrey