lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Break up repository
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 03:41:46 GMT

---->8 snip 8<----

> This will lose most of the Clownfish runtime history but keeps the history
> of CFC completely intact. The resulting repo is 8.8M on my machine.

If I clone a bare repo, I get 5.5 MB. :)

> The same approach should work for Charmonizer.

Your plan sounds sane to me.  I had hoped to get to an exhaustive history
comparison today but I've run out of time.  A cursory check looked pretty
nice!

    git log --follow runtime/core/Clownfish/String.c

> I think we should call a vote on the repo split first.

Sounds good.

Do you want to open an issue and attach tgz'd repositories?  I'm willing to
help in theory, but having done this kind of work before, it's exacting and
hard to split up -- so if you've already got momentum, maybe we should all
just owe you one. (: And I can go work on a Clownfish logo. :)

Marvin Humphrey