lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject [lucy-dev] Todo list for Clownfish release
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2013 14:36:52 GMT
Lucifers,

I’d like to compile a list of things that still have to be done before we can release Clownfish
as a separate product (and probably Lucy 0.4 in the process). Here are my plans:

* Explicit dependencies for Clownfish parcels

CFC parcels should declare their dependencies on other parcels in the .cfp JSON files. Currently,
the dependencies are inferred by looking at all the .cfh files of a parcel. This works nicely
but with an explicit list, we can avoid to process every .cfh file in the include directories.
It would also be nice to have versioned dependencies.

* Better handling of C flags in the build process

The generated C code can be compiled without C99 flags. Also, the flags for CFP_ defines should
be added automatically.

* Review Clownfish API

The Clownfish API needs to be reviewed. Public methods should be identified.

* Finish Clownfish documentation

Most of the documentation should already be there but it still needs to be reviewed. Only
the Clownfish compiler is still undocumented. I started a branch “cfc-pod” quite a while
ago which tries to generate some documentation from the docucomments in the C headers.

* Separate tests

The test suites should be separated from the main binaries. This shouldn’t be too hard for
the C library but I’ve been racking my brain finding a nice way to do this for the Perl
bindings. I somehow want to avoid to create a completely separate project tree for the test
suites but I don’t see a way around that.

Do you have any comments or additions?

Nick