lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Logan Bell <loganb...@gmail.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] Lucy Book Club
Date Sat, 26 May 2012 15:57:45 GMT
Hello,

Marvin and myself are going to be hosting a Skype book club of sorts. There
have been some conversations on IRC regarding parsing and the various books
that are germane to the subject. We thought it might be applicable to
perhaps go through a book as a community and share notes/ideas along the
way. Since a big portion of Lucy is built upon parsing and compiling to
host languages, this could be an opportunity to both sharpen ones skills
and also become more aware of the internals of Lucy itself.

The book that we plan on reading through is "Programming Languages
Pragmatics":
http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Language-Pragmatics-Third-Edition/dp/0123745144/

If this sounds interesting, grab a copy of this book and we'll start to
plan out when our first Skype session will be. I know that many of the
contributors are in various timezones so we'll need to find a time that
works for everyone that is interested.

Thanks,
Logan