lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] PR
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 16:11:54 GMT
Greets,

An inquiry came in on the #lucy_dev IRC earlier channel today regarding
whether Lucy had ever made an announcement about becoming a TLP and if so
where it was archived.  The answer is that there was only an internal
announcement which went to the dev list with the subject "A new adventure
begins": http://s.apache.org/GqM

Some ASF projects choose to make public announcements about significant
project achievements such as releases, TLP establishment and so on, working in
conjunction with Apache's V.P. of Marketing and Publicity, Sally Khudairi.
These go up on the foundation blog and exerpts are also rotated across the
www.apache.org home page.

    http://blogs.apache.org/foundation/

It might be a little late for us to make a public graduation announcment, FWIW
(and note that maybe half of all graduating podlings do not make one).  To be
honest, it has not been a personal priority of mine.  Push-style marketing is
not something that excites me -- what I care passionately about is that when
people seek us out they have a pleasant experience.

My preference would be to work towards Lucy 0.4.0, and then perhaps to make a
release announcement working with Sally, which we could bill as "Lucy's first
significant update since becoming a full Apache project."

Marvin Humphrey