lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] New regime for publishing RCs and releases
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 23:39:54 GMT
Greets,

It turns out that Infra wants us to handle publication of RCs and releases
slightly differently as a TLP than we did while we were in the Incubator.

In a nutshell, we'll be going through a Subversion repository at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist rather than through the file system on
people.apache.org.

Context:

    http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#upload-ci

The process will be to "svn add" an RC dir and its contents here...

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucy

... and then once a vote passes, move the artifacts here...

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/lucy

... where the "svnpubsub" daemon is listening for changes and will take care
of synchronizing the ASF mirror network.

    http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8#svnpubsub

I'll be updating release_commands.pl accordingly.

Marvin Humphrey