lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] 0.3.1 Release
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 14:15:22 GMT
On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 6:13 AM, Peter Karman <peter@peknet.com> wrote:
> looks like that stuff didn't get moved from the incubator space:
>
> http://lucy.apache.org/download.html
>
> links to
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/lucy/KEYS
>
> etc

Yeah, according to the Incubator's graduation guidelines, you're not supposed
to move your incubating release artifacts -- just delete them after you make
a release as a TLP:

    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#transfer

    5. Distribution mirrors

        After you have a release at your new home (/dist/${project}/ area),
        remove any distribution artefacts from your old
        /dist/incubator/${project}/ area. Remember from the mirror guidelines
        that everything is automatically added to archive.apache.org anyway.

The KEYS file is special, since that's the only item in our dist area not tied
to a specific release.  We'll need to append Logan's public key and then copy
the file to the new location.  Nothing else should migrate.

> Not sure if that requires infra help or not to move.

We need someone with infra permissions to perform the
`mkdir /www/www.apache.org/dist/lucy` incantation on people.apache.org, so
I've opened a ticket:

However, we can still move forward while waiting for infra to complete that
task.  As a workaround, Logan can make the modified KEYS file available from
his home directory via <http://people.apache.org/~logie/KEYS>.

As an aside, it seems that we have not been as fastidious as we could have
been about zapping old releases.  (That includes yours truly, since I didn't
zap 0.2.0 after releasing 0.2.1.)  Apache policy is to have only the most
recent release for a given line in the dist area, and we should try to be
better about that going forward.

Marvin Humphrey