lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Kurz <n...@verse.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] OFFSET globals
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:10:18 GMT
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
> The general solution is certainly for the upstream author to signal ABI
> breakage via version number changes.  What I don't know how to do is automatic
> detection of accidental or irresponsible ABI breakage -- we *have* to rely on
> author-supplied version numbers.

I'm catching up here, but I'm still feeling lost.  I've been reading
the recent messages that I only skimmed, and browsing through the
Clownfish source, but it feels like I'm still lacking some steps.
I'm having trouble matching up the discussion here
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucy-dev/201204.mbox/%3CCAAS6=7gU_oUY1Mm3T-BJVg-cTYVbNQ6N7EkqDrUhzOv+bJ=90Q@mail.gmail.com%3E>
to the C code.  I think I understand the finished layout, but is there
an overview of how the bootstrapping works?

It's sadly ironic, but it would be really helpful to have a better
search tool for the Lucy source and mailing lists.   The Apache online
tools for browsing the list archives and version control are clumsy,
and Google has evolved so that I can no longer depend on it.   I
realize it's as much my task as anyone else's, but using Lucy to
improve the Apache tools might be a great way to showcase the project.

--nate