lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Specifiers of imported types
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:07:47 GMT
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Nick Wellnhofer <wellnhofer@aevum.de> wrote:
> Maybe we should always specify the parcel of imported types in .cfh files
> for now.

So the declaration for MyTokenizer#Equals would look like this, then:

    public bool_t
    Equals(MyTokenizer *self, lucy_Obj *other);

I think that ought to suffice as a workaround.  If there are not any other
problems, then absolutely that is the fastest detour around this roadblock
rather than hacking on CFC's type validation in order to get your extension
building and running.

One way I hope to build on your work, though, is breaking out the fundamental
clownfish types into a separate parcel.  I don't think it's acceptable to run
through every .cfh file in core changing every instance of Obj to cfish_Obj --
and therefore, this problem continues to block that goal.

Marvin Humphrey