lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Re: [lucy-commits] svn commit: r1311234 - /lucy/trunk/clownfish/perl/lib/Clownfish/CFC/Perl/Build.pm
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:24:37 GMT
On 10/04/2012 02:01, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 6:43 AM,<nwellnhof@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> +    my $other_lib = Clownfish::CFC::Perl::Build->cf_system_library_file(
>> +        'Other::Module',
>> +    );
>
>> +        extra_linker_flags =>  $other_lib,
>
> Does just supplying a path to a dll work as an "extra_linker_flag"?

It did work for me on Linux.

>> +=head3 source
>> +
>> +An arrayref of source directories containing the .cfh and .c files of the
>> +module. Defaults to [ 'core' ] or to [ '../core' ] if 'core' can't
>> +be found.
>
> I'm not sure that potential users will be enthusiastic about that default.
> The use case for "core" or "../core" is pretty specific to Lucy.

I think the directory structure with "core", "perl" and "ruby" dirs, and
the "core" dir copied into "perl" for distributions is also useful for
extensions. I'd even like to add a method to C::C::P::B that returns the
base dir of the source tree.

> Would you object if I changed that parameter to have no default, then changed
> either perl/buildlib/Lucy/Build.pm or perl/Build.PL to supply the appropriate
> dir?

I'm OK with setting the default to an empty array. Lucy::Build doesn't
rely on the default anyway at the moment. It resets the whole "source"
parameter.

Nick