lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject [lucy-dev] Extra compiler and linker flags
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 18:19:25 GMT

Currently, Lucy::Build uses its own internal functions to setup compiler
and linker flags. This makes it impossible to pass extra flags either
via the Lucy::Build constructor or the command line. It would be easy to
change Lucy::Build to use Module::Build's extra_compiler_flags and
extra_linker_flags. Unfortunately, we need the accessors for these
properties and they're not documented:

https://metacpan.org/module/Module::Build::API#Autogenerated-Accessors

So while these accessors exist, they're not part of the official M::B
API. But I guess that it was only an oversight that they're not
documented. What do you think? Is it safe to use them?

Nick