lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Life after graduation
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 06:56:01 GMT
On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Peter Karman <peter@peknet.com> wrote:
> I have completed most of the Chair tasks now. The exceptions are:
>
>  * Now is a good time to remove the project from the Incubator reporting schedule.
>
> I'm not sure how to do that. Pointers appreciated.

That means remove us from this page:

    http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule

Jukka Zitting, the new Incubator chair, has already taken care of it.

>  * Add the new project to the foundation web site.
>
> I'm not exactly sure of all the files I need to touch. The instructions are
> clear on how to update the site, but not exactly *what* to update. Pointers
> appreciated.

That's this file:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk/templates/blocks/projects.mdtext

We shouldn't update it until there is actually something to see at
lucy.apache.org.

> I've opened this JIRA ticket for infra to do its magic:

> Please let me know if I've missed any sub-tasks. I wasn't aware of any others.

Whew that's a long list -- I reviewed it all and we're mostly lookin' good!  A
couple things:

    * I don't see you listed in the PMC Chairs LDAP group yet, though that
      could just be a website sync issue.
    * Our issues@ list was left off the migration schedule in what was almost
      certainly a copy-paste mixup.  I left a comment which should suffice to
      rectify the situation.
    * I think we need wiki notifications to go to the new commits list.
    * Our Buildbot notifications will need to change as well to go to the new
      issues list once it's set up, but I think we can do this ourselves.
      Logan would know.
    * I added us to <http://www.apache.org/foundation/index.html>.

I also see that our newly minted Lucy PMC members should be pointed at these
links:

    http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html
    http://www.apache.org/dev/#pmc