lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] New branch LUCY-215-cf-extensions
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 19:19:46 GMT
On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Nick Wellnhofer <wellnhofer@aevum.de> wrote:
> My plan is to handle file or class name clashes by ignoring files or classes
> from the include dir. This should do the right thing if you rebuild an
> already installed extension.

Yes, that makes sense.  The issue is that when the user tells you that a dir
is both an include dir and a source dir, we must treat it as a source dir.

> I don't understand why someone would want to use the same directory for
> sources and includes, but in this case, the add_include_dir should have
> simply no effect.

It's not that they would want to, but that it's 100% certain to happen
accidentally at some point.  When it does, CFC should either A) do what the
user intended or B) throw a meaningful error rather than C) break in some
arcane way.

> +1 for junking Autobinding.pm.

Cool.  I can probably take care of cleaning up this old mess without getting
in your way too badly. :)

IMO we should bring your branch back to trunk sooner rather than later.  How
about this?

    svn remove https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/trunk/clownfish
    svn move https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/branches/LUCY-215-cf-extensions/clownfish/
\
        https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/trunk/clownfish

That way we don't have to deal with svn:mergeinfo properties on trunk.

(I'd probably suggest a different workflow after the migration to Git, but
that hasn't happened yet.)

Marvin Humphrey