lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] New branch LUCY-215-cf-extensions
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:37:27 GMT
On 23/03/2012 02:49, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Nick Wellnhofer<wellnhofer@aevum.de>  wrote:
>> The next step would be to add member variables for the include dirs to
>> CFCHierarchy and parse the .cfh files from the these directories.
>
> Yes.

This is now implemented in the branch.

>> Then we'll need a way to determine whether a CFCClass comes from an include
>> dir, so we can treat them differently when generating the C headers and the
>> boot and parcel code.
>
> Exactly.  :)
>
> We should probably divvy up the output of CFC into [at least] two directories:
>
>      $out_dir/
>      |-- include/
>      |-- source/
>

> *All* .h files autogenenerated off of .cfh files -- whether those .cfh files
> were found in an "include" or a "source" dir, would end up in $out_dir/include.
>
> The only compilable source code files would be generated off of .cfh files
> which were found via CFCHierarchy_add_source_dir(); these would go into
> $out_dir/source.

Also done.

>> Maybe we should also add a CFCFile pointer to CFCClass.
>
> I think that's a circular reference, though we can break it in the destructor
> for the containing CFCHierarchy object so that we don't leak memory.  (FYI,
> there are some existing refcount leaks in CFC right now that I have not yet
> tracked down.)
>
> We might also get away with a flag on CFCClass indicating whether it's
> include-only, but a CFCFile pointer could work too.

I used a flag ('is_included') and didn't go with the CFCFile pointer
approach.

With these changes I was able to compile and link a test extension in an
external tree, although some things aren't working yet or needed manual
adjustments.

One thing is core/Lucy/Util/ToolSet.h, which is included from every
Clownfish .c file. I'm not sure what's the best way to handle that.

Then the whole autobinding stuff doesn't work correctly yet. I only had
a quick glance at the relevant code, but it seems that some parts of
Clownfish are still hardcoded to Lucy.

Nick