lucy-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Graduation checklist
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 15:05:15 GMT
Hey Peter,

Great work.

Before VOTE'ing it might be nice to do the following:

1. decide on who the recommended VP/chair will be.
I nominate Marvin; or you. The VP/chair is the eyes
and ears of the board, and responsible for information
flow down (and up) between it and the committee.

2. Come up with a graduation resolution.

I see you've started the VOTE thread already,
so you may simply want to reply back to your
VOTE thread and include the proposed resolution.

I've drafted the resolution that we can use for Lucy,
below. This is based on the Gora resolution that we
just successfully got passed by the board, to graduate
us from the Incubator.

I took the list of all PPMC members and committers
and combined them together to form the PMC. I also
removed myself from the list. You guys have done great,
and I'm glad to have helped see you guys through the Incubator,
but I'm going to move on at this point. I wish you the best
going forward and I will always be a Champion of Lucy
for VOTE'ing in new ASF members and helping you guys out
from a Foundation perspective however I can.

       open-source software for full-text search targeted
       at support for dynamic programming languages
       for distribution at no charge to the public.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Lucy Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Lucy Project be and hereby is
       related to open-source software full-text search targeted
       at support for dynamic programming languages ; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Lucy" be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
       of the Apache Lucy Project, and to have primary responsibility
       for management of the projects within the scope of
       responsibility of the Apache Lucy Project; and be it further

       Apache Lucy Project:

	• Logan Bell <logie@apache.org>
	• Chris Hostetter <hossman@apache.org>
	• Marvin Humphrey <marvin@apache.org>
	• Peter Karman <karpet@apache.org>
	• Nathan Kurz <nate@apache.org>
	• Mike McCandless <mikemccand@apache.org>
	• Joe Schaefer <joes@apache.org>
	• Upayavira <upayavira@apache.org>
	• David E. Wheeler <theory@apache.org>
	• Nick Wellnhofer <nwellnhof@apache.org>
	• Simon Willnauer <simonw@apache.org>
	• Brad C. Harder <bch@apache.org>

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Lucy Project be and hereby
       Incubator Lucy sub-project; and be it further

       Incubator Lucy sub-project encumbered upon the
       Apache Incubator Project are hereafter discharged.

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Mavin Humphrey/
       Peter Karman be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Lucy, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
       or until a successor is appointed.

If the VOTE on the above resolution is successful, the next step is
to take the results of the VOTE, and the resolution, present it
to general@ and call for a VOTE. If that is successful, I can add
the resolution to the next board agenda for discussion at their
next meeting.

Cheers,
Chris

On Feb 7, 2012, at 6:35 AM, Peter Karman wrote:

> We've had 72 hours of all positive graduation discussion. Let's move forward.
>
> Thanks to Nathan for pointing us at the guidelines for graduation.
>
> According to this:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#requirements
>
> we need:
>
> * a charter
> * a positive community graduation VOTE
> * a positive IPMC recommendation VOTE
> * the acceptance of the resolution by the Board
>
> I've started a wiki page: http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/GraduationChecklist
>
> with the above list.
>
> The mock calendar at the incubator URL above suggests we start with a community
> graduation VOTE thread. I will initiate that thread shortly.
>
> Assuming the VOTE passes, we'll next be looking for volunteers to work on the
> charter. If you want to be involved with that, please reply to this email thread
> and put your name next to that item on the wiki.
>
> /me pushing ahead
>
> pek
> --
> Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  peter@peknet.com