lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Graduation checklist
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 20:16:11 GMT
Marvin Humphrey wrote on 2/7/12 1:43 PM:

> As far as I'm concerned if Peter wants the job he has my full support.
> However, Peter is pretty time-constrained right now with three very young
> children.  Peter is a valuable resource, and I'd rather have us deploy him
> carefully.

Thanks for the nods of support, Chris and Marvin.

My kids do sleep, eventually, so I would be willing to be the VP for year one,
on the condition that we put into our charter that we vote every year for a VP.
And I'll vote for someone else after year one. IMO this job should be passed
around liberally, like a department chair position in academia, so that everyone
gets a chance to learn the ropes. Just like the RM position.

That said, I would be overjoyed to support Logan or Nick if they want to step
forward for this first year.

> In any case, I would like to see us vote for the chair each year.  IMO it's
> fine if somebody serves year after year, but it shouldn't be automatic.

+1