lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] [DISCUSS] Graduation
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 03:05:19 GMT
It is time for Lucy to graduate from the Incubator and become an Apache top
level project.

When Marvin, Nathan and I first proposed Lucy as an Apache podling, we had two
main goals:

 * eliminate the technical and IP obstacles preventing the Lucy codebase from
   fully complying with the ASF guidelines,

 * grow the community to a sustainable, stable place that could survive the
   loss of any particular core contributor (especially Marvin).

With the release of 0.3.0 this week we have accomplished goal number one.

With the addition of five new committers and three new PPMC members, and the
recent substantial code contributions from Logan and Nick, I feel confident that
we have met our second goal as well.

It's time to leave the nest and govern ourselves.

What do you say?