lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] graduation: next steps
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:47:56 GMT
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 09:54:09PM -0800, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> No worries. Here's what you do. Just submit the resolution in an email
> to the board@apache.org email address, and CC general@incubator.apache.org
> and lucy-dev@incubator.apache.org. Ask the board to include the resolution in
> their next meeting (March 2012).
>
> Then, have me, or Marvin or Chris H. or anyone else that has access to the
> board@ lists monitor the meeting (or simply wait for Doug's summary email
> sent to committers@ with the results). If the resolution passes, then next
> step is to start the process with infra@ to become TLP. We can broach that
> part once we get there.

That sounds great except for one subtlety: according to the Incubator's docs,
Peter should CC private@incubator and lucy-private@incubator rather than
general@incubator and lucy-dev@incubator:

  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#top-level-board-proposal

  The board list is private. The usual netiquette for Apache private lists
  should be observed. So, it is recommended that only the podling and IPMC
  private lists are CC'd (rather than the general incubator list). Please
  treat responses with appropriate confidentiality.

Peter, the board@apache list presumably has moderators, so even though you
aren't subscribed your message should go through eventually.  (I'll watch to
make sure.)

Marvin Humphrey