lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Graduation checklist
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 18:52:06 GMT
On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 10:38:18AM -0800, Logan Bell wrote:
> I went ahead and put a draft of the charter up on the wiki:
> http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/LucyCharter
>
> This charter uses verbiage suggested by Marvin for the description,
> has Peter as the VP, and should have a correct list of PMC members.
> Feel free to review.

I fixed a small glitch in the boilerplate.  Here's a diff with the sum total
of all changes from the template since we started:

    http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/LucyCharter?action=diff&rev2=7&rev1=1

+1 from me for rev 7.

According to the graduation guide, we should submit this charter to
general@incubator prior to calling the VOTE:

    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#ipmc-top-level-recommendation

    The resolution should be proposed on the general incubator list before a
    VOTE is started to allow feedback. Once a consensus has been reached, a
    VOTE should be started on the same general incubator list by a member of
    the PPMC proposing that the IPMC recommends the resolution to the Board.

It looks like we are going to have difficulty making the Board agenda for the
next meeting on February 15th.  72 hours for general@incubator VOTE, 72 hours
advance notice to the Board, means 6 days.  That's the 9th, which is today,
but our own vote doesn't close till tomorrow morning and we haven't started a
DISCUSS thread on general@incubator yet.

We might sneak onto the Board agenda for Feb 15 if we're really lucky, but we
shouldn't count on that or force things through.  We're probably talking the
March 21 meeting.

Marvin Humphrey