lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Logan Bell <loganb...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: [lucy-dev] RAT buildbot troubles
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 00:45:26 GMT
Infrastructure

We've been having some problems with the RAT build for a while now.
Below you will see some of the initial findings by Marvin. It really
just appears the build can't find rat-output.xml.

It would be appreciated if you could show us what needs to be done to
correct this.

The link to our broken build:
http://ci.apache.org/builders/lucy-trunk-rat/builds/120

Thanks in advance,
Logan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
Date: Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Subject: [lucy-dev] RAT buildbot troubles
To: lucy-dev@incubator.apache.org, peter@peknet.com

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 04:08:17PM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:
> Marvin Humphrey wrote on 1/11/12 3:27 PM:
>
> > Please also commit those license header changes to trunk.  It will be great to
> > see <http://ci.apache.org/projects/lucy/rat-output.html> passing once again.
> >

> I did last night, in
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1229867
>
> /me is wondering why RAT is not seeing that...

It may be that the RAT buildbot is broken right now.

Here's the current RAT build result:

   http://ci.apache.org/builders/lucy-trunk-rat/builds/120

I got to that page by following links from these pages:

   http://ci.apache.org/
   http://ci.apache.org/buildbot.html
   http://ci.apache.org/builders
   http://ci.apache.org/builders/lucy-trunk-rat

It seems suspicious that this is the failing step:

   3. upload   uploading rat-output.xml ( 0 secs )

Here's the content of stderr for that step:

   Cannot open file
   '/home/buildslave2/slave2/lucy-trunk-rat/build/../rat-output.xml' for upload

Logan pointed me at our buildbot config:

 https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot/aegis/buildmaster/master1/projects/lucy.conf

This appears to be the step that's failing:

   # Above performs RAT tests on entire lucy build directories, output
to txt file.
   # Now we will publish that report to
ci.apache.org/projects/lucy/rat-output.xml
   # assuming that the report step itself was successful.

   f_lucy_1.addStep(rat_report_upload(slavesrc="../rat-output.xml",
                          masterdest="/tmp/lucy/rat-output.xml",
                          haltOnFailure=True,
   ))

Dunno why it's b0rken, or how to fix it myself.

I think the next step is to escalate to the builds@a.o list.

   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-builds/

Marvin Humphrey