lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] problem with clutch related to svn auth?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 02:06:55 GMT
On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 05:38:56PM -0800, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> > mattman, marvin, do you guys have infra karma to change
> > asf-authorization-template or do we need a jira for this?
>
> I can change the asf-authorization-template if that's what you guys
> really want to do (IOW I have the karma as a PMC chair to do so), so
> let me know what y'all think and we'll go from there.

The Incubator is going to need an alternative to asf-authorization-template
eventually if more projects follow our lead and allow all committers access.
Modding that document is a pain because so few people have the necessary
privileges.  If we go back and mod it now, all that does is put off the day
that the Incubator has to solve this problem for real by establishing a better
central repository for this data.  We'd also be backsliding on Roy's request
to the Incubator to get everyone in one group and lighten the burden on Infra.

I appreciate the audit from Hoss, but I think we should leave this one alone.

Marvin Humphrey