lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Re: [lucy-commits] svn commit: r1226462 - in /incubator/lucy/trunk/perl: lib/LucyX/Remote/SearchServer.pm t/510-remote_search.t t/550-cluster_searcher.t
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 20:42:55 GMT
On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 06:02:49PM +0100, Nick Wellnhofer wrote:
>>> Log:
>>> LUCY-205 Rework SearchServer API
>>>

>> could/should this be merged into the 0.3 branch as well?
>>

> Yes, this and the following commit (Remove SearchServer password) should
> be merged into 0.3.

Nick, could you do the honors?  In general, we want the author of a patch to
handle backporting if they are willing, because they are intimately familiar
with how the patch works and won't need to come up to speed like fresh
committer would.  (But Peter, if Nick doesn't get to this before you cut the
first RC for 0.3.0, +1 for someone else to commit the backport.)

In this case, the backport is trivial because trunk has not yet diverged from
0.3 for the files affected by this patch.  Just use "svn merge -c" at the top
level of the branch checkout so that the svn:mergeinfo property gets attached
to the top dir rather than to individual files.

  cd lucy-0.3.x
  svn merge -c 1226462 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/trunk .

(FWIW, I tend to merge commits one at a time and copy/paste the commit message
so that the history of the branch is easy to grok.)

Marvin Humphrey