lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_l...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] RFC: Grant all ASF Committers Lucy SVN karma
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 23:52:58 GMT

: IMO, the perfect place for this is the new CONTRIBUTING document which I
: committed yesterday, which sits next to README at the top level of our source
: tree -- it's better to have this rule communicated by something which travels
:       If you propose to make non-trivial changes to Lucy, especially changes
:       to the public API, send a note to the Lucy developer's list describing
:       your plans:
: I think that second paragraph suffices.  We don't have to spell out negative
: consequences or draft finely graded rules.

Agreed.  I wasn't thinking about consequences or rules, so much as just
advertising.

Something like adding: "All @apache committers have Lucy SVN karma by
default with the understanding that they will follow the same guidelines
as the core Lucy developers" to CONTRIBUTING.txt

-Hoss