lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Logan Bell <loganb...@gmail.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] Automated Testing and Builds
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 07:24:19 GMT
Hello everyone,

I would be interested in setting up and requesting an automated
testing/build service for the Lucy project. As of right now I don't believe
we have any automated tests/builds across multiple platforms ( feel free to
correct me in this assessment ). Fortunately Apache offers such a service
and if we have a consensus, I would propose that this would be a win for
the Lucy project.

Some key benefits of using the build service are the following:

* Per commit builds can be set up.
* We can set up an irc bot to report any failures
* Builds across multiple platforms.

To find out more I've included some of the Apache links:

http://ci.apache.org/
http://ci.apache.org/buildbot.html

If everyone agrees this is of value, I'll be willing to spearhead this
effort.

Thanks,
Logan