lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] Re: [lucy-commits] svn commit: r1221503 - in /incubator/lucy/trunk: core/Lucy/Analysis/EasyAnalyzer.c core/Lucy/Analysis/EasyAnalyzer.cfh perl/MANIFEST perl/lib/Lucy/Analysis/EasyAnalyzer.pm perl/t/binding/159-easyanalyzer.t
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 05:15:56 GMT
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 10:05:32PM -0000, nwellnhof@apache.org wrote:
> Author: nwellnhof
> Date: Tue Dec 20 22:05:31 2011
> New Revision: 1221503

> Log:
> Implement EasyAnalyzer
>
> A PolyAnalyzer consisting of a StandardTokenizer, a Normalizer, and a
> SnowballStemmer.

Yeeha!  Looks great!

Can you please create a JIRA issue for this, Nick?  The reason is that our
CHANGES file is a list of JIRA issues, and we want people to be able to see
that EasyAnalyzer was added in 0.3.0 and get a link to an explanation.

One thought: We may not want to have EasyAnalyzer inherit from PolyAnalyzer.
It's fine, because it works for now... but how about we at least override
Dump/Load to store only "_class" and "language"?  If we refactor the
Analyzer chain, PolyAnalyzer, since it allows *any* Analyzer to be first --
not just a Tokenizer -- may not survive the refactoring in its current
form.

Marvin Humphrey