lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_l...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] RM feedback
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2011 17:08:56 GMT

: * this step from the release_commands.pl output is wrong:
: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/project/ManageVersions.jspa?pid=12310501

a) The URL has changed in recent versions of Jira, i believe the current
URL is..

https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/LUCY/versions

...that's likely to stay consistent for a while (i think the whole reason
it changed was to start being more consistent)

b) managing versions requires extra jira perms that every
contributor/commiter may not have (especially as Lucy grows) -- probably
best to updated the RM script to indicate that they may need to ask for
help on this.

: * updating the i.a.o/lucy/download.html page took some hunting. I never found a
: clear one-page summary of how to do it. What I did was:

...the steps you describe look correct for when you want to make major
edits to the site, but for simple page editing (like: updating the version
on the downloads page) the easiest way to do that is using the web based
CMS editing screens which are easy to access via bookmarklet...

	https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark

Would probably be a good idea to add an action item to create a short wiki
page for Lucy devs similar to these...

https://aries.apache.org/development/maintainingthewebpages.html
https://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/docs/edit-cms.html

-Hoss