lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Barker <norman.bar...@gmail.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] language bindings
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 02:08:47 GMT
Hi,

I am interested in writing an erlang language binding for lucy, I have
looked at the example-lang folder and then the tcl folder, does the
tcl folder follow the guidelines in example-lang (it doesn't seem to),
I don't mind if not, what is the recommendation, to write a simple
custom interface or to follow example-lang? Should I try and fill in
all the required stubs within the example-lang or can I just do a
subset and be ok?

The build system was straight forward, using perl was no issue for me,
is there a runtime dependencies on perl, or is it enough to have
lucy.so - /lucy/trunk/perl/blib/arch/auto/Lucy/Lucy.so, I did check
dependencies and it only seems to depend on libc.so but if it needs
more that would be a show stopper for me.

Ideally I would like to code in c/c++ in the core and then add a very
simple interface for adding documents to index and a search interface
to query but this seems to be against example-lang.

Any guidelines appreciated.

Many thanks,

Norman