lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] All dependency licensing issues resolved
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:37:56 GMT
>>> Personally I'd love to see Objective C, but not having an immediate need for it
and a severe lack of tuits (not to mention minimal C skillz), I won't be able to work on it.
But I'm sure someone will soon.

>> Maybe I can follow along his efforts for the Objective C part.
>> No promises - but might be the missing part for me that is enough to
>> start actually helping.
>
> I realise this has little weight since all I can do is talk about it right now, but I
think a vanilla C approach would kill more birds, as you could then use it rather easily in
C, C++ and Objective C without further effort. It wouldn't have class and implementation files,
but adding those would be a different layer as I understand.

Indeed. That's another option. After all we could then also just wrap
the C stuff up into a ObjC API.

cheers,
Torsten