lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] All dependency licensing issues resolved
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 07:38:56 GMT
>> ...wouldn't be python or ruby attracting a couple of more folks?
>
> Well, we currently have a committer, Brad Harder, who is very interested in a Tcl port
and has been working with Marvin on IRC to figure out what's needed. I know, crazy, right?
But you take em as you get em, and Brad is pretty awesome.

Wow. OK :)

> So yeah, unless someone else steps up wanting to port to another language with the same
level of engagement, it will likely be Tcl.

> Personally I'd love to see Objective C, but not having an immediate need for it and a
severe lack of tuits (not to mention minimal C skillz), I won't be able to work on it. But
I'm sure someone will soon.

Maybe I can follow along his efforts for the Objective C part.
No promises - but might be the missing part for me that is enough to
start actually helping.

cheers,
Torsten