lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] C implementation [was Re: [lucy-dev] All dependency licensing issues resolved]
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 04:26:02 GMT
Marvin Humphrey wrote on 10/27/11 5:31 PM:
> Greets,
>
> A few hours ago, the existing implementation of the Clownfish parser was
> swapped out for one based on Flex and the Lemon parser generator, eliminating
> Lucy's dependency on the CPAN module Parse::RecDescent.
>
> As of today, the Lucy mainline no longer has any non-core Perl dependencies,
> and all of the licensing and legal issues that needed to be resolved during
> Lucy's incubation have been resolved.

awesome. really. great work, Marvin.

/me raises toast

With that out of the way, I propose a host language implementation in C to go
along with the existing Perl implementation. I'm volunteering to lead that
effort. I think a C implementation can be useful on its own and as a learning
process for How to Write a Lucy Implementation.

I will happily advocate for a Lucy graduation VOTE once we have another language
complete.

Who's with me?