lucy-dev mailing list archives

From "David E. Wheeler" <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] All dependency licensing issues resolved
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 03:00:09 GMT
On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:30 PM, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Tcl? Not saying that ObjC is the first choice but wouldn't be
> something more... hm.. how do I say it... :)
>
> ...wouldn't be python or ruby attracting a couple of more folks?

Well, we currently have a committer, Brad Harder, who is very interested in a Tcl port and
has been working with Marvin on IRC to figure out what's needed. I know, crazy, right? But
you take em as you get em, and Brad is pretty awesome.

So yeah, unless someone else steps up wanting to port to another language with the same level
of engagement, it will likely be Tcl.

Personally I'd love to see Objective C, but not having an immediate need for it and a severe
lack of tuits (not to mention minimal C skillz), I won't be able to work on it. But I'm sure
someone will soon.

Best,

David