lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] C bindings?
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 13:27:36 GMT
On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 02:57:18PM +0200, Albin Stigö wrote:
> Ok so now I know whats involved... me to a bit put off by the build system :-)

Heh.  We're working on it.  :)

Lucy is easy to use, and has gotten easier over time as we've conscientiously
incorporated user feedback.  Lucy is not necessarily easy to hack on yet, but the
same forces that made it easy to use are at work, and eventually, Lucy *will*
be easy to hack on.

> Maybe just porting it to objective-c wouldn't be so much worse..?

Porting what to Objective-C, the Clownfish compiler?  Other people are going
to be just as uncomfortable with Objective-C as some are with Perl.  C itself
represents the only common ground.

Marvin Humphrey