lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] which fields contained which terms
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 18:38:39 GMT
Per the thread here from Feb 2011[0] I am want to make it easy to discover why a
document matched a given query, i.e. which terms matched in which fields.

Marvin and I have chatted about this a few different times on #lucy_dev, and
it's clear to me now why it is problematic to do this kind of data gathering in
the existing Matcher/Collector architecture. Post-processing provides a cleaner
way into the solution, provided we can do it without sacrificing performance.

I wanted to get this thread on to the -dev list as we need to sort out if/how
the index structure might change to make this feature possible.

Thoughts?

[0] http://s.apache.org/fz