lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] TRIAL CPAN releases
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 01:58:22 GMT
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 01:43:45AM +0000, bch@methodlogic.net wrote:
> > BTW, I verified that "TRIAL1" (with the added "1") will work against the
> > current PAUSE code.  All that matters is that the filename contain the string
> > "TRIAL" (i.e. Lucy-0.3.0-ATRIAL-FIBRILLATION.tar.gz would work, too):
>
> Is that part of the spec., or are you taking advantage of buggy behaviour?

It's part of the documentation -- "spec" might be a strong word. ;)

    http://pause.perl.org/pause/query?ACTION=pause_04about#conventions

    If you want to do that simply choose a filename that matches /\d\.\d+_\d/
    or contains TRIAL.

I think we're OK, because these tarballs will be short-lived.  In a worst-case
scenario, the PAUSE behavior changes without us knowing and a TRIAL tarball
accidentally becomes official as far as CPAN goes.  We could repair that with
either an X.Y.Z.1 CPAN-only release or a new canonical ASF bugfix release.

Marvin Humphrey