lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.2.0 RC 3
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 19:00:01 GMT
On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 07:02:11PM -0700, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> I'm hoping that if we gently remind our Mentors, we will get the needed
> votes during this phase; if we don't, we'll have to recruit freelancer votes
> from other Incubator PMC members on general@incubator.

The vote tally stands at four +1 votes from Lucy PPMC members, including two
Incubator PMC +1 votes (from Chris Mattmann and myself).  We need one more +1
from a member of the Incubator PMC.

Hoss, Upayavira, Joe... can one of you please review the release artifacts?
(VOTE thread start at <http://markmail.org/message/7gyiojuxein2tfid>).

There's an inquiry over on the lucy-user list from someone who wants to
develop on Linux and deploy on Windows.  Lucy 0.1.0 won't suffice for that,
because of all the Windows build bugs -- but 0.2.0 should work fine.  I would
like to be able to answer "You should use Lucy 0.2.0" without reservation.

It would also be nice to close this downstream bug regarding compilation
failure under Strawberry Perl 5.10.1:
<https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=69442>.

The portability fixes in 0.2.0 may not affect anyone in the Lucy development
community directly, but we clearly have users waiting on them.

Marvin Humphrey