lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.2.0 RC 3
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 19:12:11 GMT
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 04:46:53AM -0700, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> No. Release votes are always majority consensus.  No one
> can veto them except for unresolved legal issues.

Indeed, thanks for the correction!

    http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

    Votes on Package Releases

    Votes on whether a package is ready to be released follow a format similar
    to majority approval -- except that the decision is officially determined
    solely by whether at least three +1 votes were registered.  *Releases may
    not be vetoed*. Generally the community will table the vote to release if
    anyone identifies serious problems, but in most cases the ultimate
    decision, once three or more positive votes have been garnered, lies with
    the individual serving as release manager. The specifics of the process
    may vary from project to project, but the 'minimum of three +1 votes' rule
    is universal.

I don't recall having seen a contentious release vote before.  Each time I've
seen a -1, either a new release candidate has been rerolled which fixes the
problem, or the person who cast the vote has been persuaded to change it.

> Still recovering from my vacation, but I'll try to find some
> time to review the candidate over the next few days.

Welcome back, and may your next vacation come soon!

Marvin Humphrey