lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Incubator PMC/Board report for July 2011 (lucy-dev@incubator.apache.org)
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 06:23:09 GMT
On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 10:01:48AM -0700, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> after drafting up the july report, it would also be a good time to review
> the incubation status page and the website...

I've entered our July 2011 report, and it's now waiting for Mentor signoff:

    http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/July2011

> Status page updates...
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/lucy.html
>
> 1) link to new july report
> 2) update note about 0.1.0 release

Done and done.

> 3) anything else to add based on the july report?

We're making progress towards our goal of diversifying our committer ranks and
dispersing knowledge of the codebase outwards, and for the Charmonizer layer,
in my estimation, we've achieved what we needed to achieve.  That went into
the report, but I'm not sure how to put it into the Incubation status page.

> Site updates...
> http://incubator.apache.org/lucy/
>
> 1) 0.1.0 doens't seem to be listed on the main page ... might want to draw
> attention to that more.
> 2) anything new that should be added to the FAQ?
> 3) anything else to add based on the july report?

I'm going to opt out on updating the main home page with such info.  I dislike
website designs that require constant refreshing in order to inspire
confidence ("there hasn't been a 'news' update in two months -- is this
project dead?"), and instead prefer to leave time-sensitive information to
secondary pages.  If someone else wants to commit to keeping it up to date
they can.  I'm satisfied with my contributions to the site as of now.  :)

We may want to add something about not bundling parsers to the FAQ.

Thanks as always for the thoughtful suggestions, Hoss.

Marvin Humphrey