lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] Apply fixes and release 0.1.1
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 02:01:32 GMT
Greets,

As of this afternoon, svn trunk builds and tests clean on the following
setups:

    Windows 7
        ActivePerl 5.12.4      / MSVC Free 2010
        Strawberry Perl 5.12.3 / MinGW 4.4.3
        Cygwin Perl 5.10.1     / GCC 4.3.4

It took more work than expected to address our Windows portability problems.
It will be nice to get Windows buildbots set up so that we don't drift so far
in the future.

I propose merging the following additional bugfixes to the 0.1 branch:

  * Always disable symlink tests on Windows
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-160>
  * Always use CreateHardLink() on Windows
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-161>
  * Use shell to redirect Charmonizer stderr on Windows
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-162>
  * Target Windows XP
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-163>
  * Skip forking tests under Cygwin
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-164>
  * Line-ending-agnostic parsing of sample docs
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-165>
  * Prefer POSIX over windows.h for process ID
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-166>
  * INCREF/DECREF symbol collisions under Windows in FSDirHandle.c
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-167>
  * Directory handling under Cygwin
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-168>
  * Improve cleanup after MSVC
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-169>
  * Charmonizer test compiles should use obj rather than exe when possible
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-170>
  * Turn off stupid MSVC warnings
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-171>
  * Clownfish should slurp files in text mode
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-172>

Once those are taken care of, I volunteer to serve as Release Manager for
0.1.1.

Marvin Humphrey