lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] "Committed to trunk as rXXXXXXX"
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 00:47:57 GMT
Greets,

To cut down on noise in JIRA and traffic to lucy-issues@, I'm going to cease
commenting when I commit my own fixes for issues I've opened.

     Committed to trunk as rXXXXXXX, but still needs to be merged into the 0.1
     branch.

The ASF JIRA install auto-detects when a Subversion commit message contains a
JIRA issue ID.  If you click on the "All" view under "Activity", it shows you
those commits inline, and the display is great: links to ViewVC for all
modified files, commit message, committer apache ID, date, etc..  (Try it: go
to <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-166> and click "All".)

I'll still comment about a commit when...

  * A commit has gone in without a JIRA issue ID.
  * I've committed a fix for an issue which a non-committer has opened.
  * I commit a patch which contains IP submitted by a non-committer.
  * It seems like a good idea.

Marvin Humphrey