lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] Apache Lucy 0.1.0-incubating release candidate #3
Date Sat, 21 May 2011 06:10:41 GMT
On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 09:46:22PM -0700, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> I've addressed all comments raised from RC #2:
>
> >From Marvin and Joe:
>
> 1. fix messed up tag names
> 2. fix messed up branch names
> 3. pay attention and stop listening to Lady Gaga

+1 to release RC3.

Other parties interested in reviewing Lucy's inaugural release should consider
visiting <http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseVerification>, a page put
together at the suggestion of Mentor Chris Hostetter, which documents the
process by which we evaluate release artifacts and includes a recipe for
building and testing Lucy on a Unixy system with Perl 5.10 or above installed.

Per ReleaseVerification and its companion page ReleasePrep:

  * MD5, SHA1, signature all check out.
  * Lucy builds and tests clean.
  * Autogenerated CPAN artifacts also build and test fine and include all
    important files.
  * Clean RAT report at <http://ci.apache.org/projects/lucy/rat-output.html>.
  * Double-checked NOTICE and LICENSE.
  * NOTICE has an up-to-date copyright.
  * CHANGES file up-to-date.
  * Other ReleasePrep tasks checked earlier:
     o Issue tracker clean.
     o "test_valgrind" build target passes.
     o Portable to OSX/GCC, OSX/Clang, Windows7/MSVC, CentOS5/GCC.

As noted on IRC, the tarball expands to a folder with "-rc3" in the name, but
that's not a blocker IMO.  The glitch is in the ReleaseGuide recipe, so a fix
for that document is in order.  Also as discussed on IRC, it seems sane to
script as much of that as we can.

Thanks for sticking with it, Chris!  Please enjoy your Lady Gaga -- you've
earned it.

Marvin Humphrey