lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] C code formatter
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 02:13:30 GMT
On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 10:38:56PM -0700, Nathan Kurz wrote:
> If "--add-brackets" is compatible with "--keep-one-line-statements",
> I'd love if it could be added as well.

While figuring out how to work around some of AStyle's bugs and quirks, I've
come to understand that it is not that sophisticated at C parsing.  Some of
the hacks I put in to defeat AStyle idiosyncrasies involve blatant C syntax
errors.

With that in mind, I would prefer to keep "--add-brackets" out of the astylerc
file, so that AStyle's scope is limited to whitespace only.  It has a decent
rep for not destroying your code, but I'd prefer to play it conservative.

Nevertheless, as part of LUCY-141, I ran autoformatting with "--add-brackets"
enabled, carefully checked the output and committed the change.  We could
conceivably do that again -- I'd just like to make sure that AStyle's work
gets supervised properly.

Marvin Humphrey