lucy-dev mailing list archives

From "David E. Wheeler" <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] On Transactionality and Performance
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 04:17:12 GMT
On Mar 30, 2011, at 12:51 PM, Peter Karman wrote:

> I overstated "working" -- it's just the source code for a $work project,
> not a live demo.
>
> The ecosystem is there though:
>
> [0] normalizers pull db records and convert to XML
> [1] indexer crawls the file tree, building the index from XML
> [2] searcher with automatic refresh

Gotcha, thanks. I'm pretty happy with how I have things working now with just the KinoSearch
libraries. I didn't have a lot of time to get it working, and the core stuff seems fine. I
can always go back and revise later if the site starts to get busy and I start to discover
some bottlenecks. In the meantime, I'm trying to get this sucker shipped!

Look for an announcement next week.

Best,

David