lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] 0.1-incubating release
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 05:47:59 GMT
On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 08:07:14PM -0800, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> On your wiki list, I'd say RAT is the critical thing, along with legal.

Creating a RAT target is cake compared to what must be done to eliminate
Parse::RecDescent and JSON::XS as dependencies since
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-86> has not been successfully
resolved.

Parse::RecDescent is particularly difficult to replace since no appropriately
licensed alternative Perl-based parser generator could be found.  Swapping in
the Lemon parser generator requires translating a lot Clownfish from perl to
C.  It's going well, but its several solid weeks worth of work.

That's where the hold-up is.  We'd be doing this work eventually anyway, but
the schedule had to be moved up so that we can unblock our release.

Marvin Humphrey