lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Downstream release guides
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2010 01:57:37 GMT
Marvin Humphrey wrote on 12/16/10 6:31 PM:
> Greets,
>
> In addition to <http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseGuide>, which documents how
> to perform the official ASF release, I think we should document how to build
> releases for CPAN, PyPI, rubygems, etc.  We could put that into developer
> documentation within trunk/$host_language/

+1

trunk/$host_language/README.build

seems sane. That way the $host_language builds can happen simply with the
official .tar.gz release, rather than relying on outside documentation. More
likely to stay up-to-date, IME, if they are with the source code.

> On a side note, I'm a little uneasy about putting so much effort into these
> wiki pages when we haven't got them locked down so that only people with CLAs
> on file can contribute.  It would be nice to get this material Apache licensed
> and IP tracked so that we can include it, in whole or in part, with a
> distribution.  Maybe we should revisit MoinMoin ACLs?

What precedents are there for distributing wiki docs with source?