lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] Transitioning to new namespace
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 00:40:11 GMT
Greets,

If you "svn move" all directories named "KinoSearch" to "Lucy", and if you
perform a global 's/KinoSearch/Lucy/g' on the codebase, it only takes a couple
minor tweaks to get everything to build and pass all tests save one.  However,
I think we should be a little more deliberate in transitioning, moving
piecemeal when possible and examining the results for gotchas.

Starting off...

There are a number of .pm files within trunk/perl/lib which are there only as
backwards compatibility stubs.  Since everything is moving to a new namespace,
there is no point in keeping them.

I don't think there's any point in keeping the present Changes file, either.
It should have one entry, indicating the project heritage.

We'll probably end up needing the compatibility stub mechanism in the future,
though, so I'm not going to kill off the portions of perl/lib/Lucy.pm and
perl/buildlib/Lucy/Redacted.pm which support it -- just empty them out.

Marvin Humphrey