lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_l...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Bootstrap Lucy Incubator podling
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:50:49 GMT

(resending from the correct address -- my accounts have gotten crossed
somehow)

: >  * Add to table: Currently in incubation.
:
: This is in http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html?  Does
: anyone know the process here?  Is there an svn path that holds the
: sources for this, that's automagically pushed to production?

most of this is spelled out in the mentor doc marvin mentioned...
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#add-incubation

I'll take care of the "Add to table" step right now

: >  * Initialize Podling Status Page.
:
: I think the above URL explains where we need to commit the status page
: (seems like we just need to create incubator/site-
: author/projects/lucy.xml then build it).  Marvin can you create this
: XML source?  One of us can commit it.

Yeah, moving forward the "PPMC" (ie: the initial committers) will be
responsible for updating the status page, so it would probably be a good
idea if one of them (marvin/peter/nathan or simon) created the first
version and then one of us mentors can sanity check it and then commit it.

: >  * Authorize committers.
:
: Is this granting karma on the new svn path?  (Committing the right
: auth file somewhere....?).

it depends on wether they already have an apache account...
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#Authorize+Committers

: >    o Add marvin and simonw.
:
: Is this just the same as authorizing committers?

it's a sub bullet - marvin and simonw only need the karam to the new svn
dir...

: >    o Get new accounts set up for Peter and Nate (CLAs are on file).

...new accounts first require an email to root.  I'll take care of that
too.

-Hoss