lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Lucy trademark issues
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 07:40:02 GMT
On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 09:18:00PM -0700, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> I would recommend sending an email to legal-discuss@ and trademarks@

Thanks, Chris.  I think I may have overreacted.  :P

I found a couple more.

There's a usenet newsreader:

    www.geniegate.com/other/lucy/

There's "Epic Lucy PHR", a Personal Health Record portal.  This one is
trademarked, but not in our field.

    http://www.epic.com/software-phr.php
    http://www.trademarkia.com/lucy-77157778.html

    IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer software for use in
    medical and healthcare fields, namely, computer software for managing,
    acquiring, storing, analyzing, maintaining, processing, structuring,
    reviewing, building, editing, distributing, communicating, organizing,
    sharing, referencing, monitoring and integrating information, and
    accompanying manuals sold as a unit; computer software for automating
    clinical and administrative healthcare processes. FIRST USE: 20070324.
    FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20090320

There are also a couple dead trademark applications for "Lucy", for which I
can't find evidence of actual products.  Again, these aren't in our field.

    Data conversion software
    http://www.trademarkia.com/lucy-74564837.html
    http://www.trademarkia.com/lucy-75474070.html

    Computer software to seek, collect, and display graphically information
    exchanged on the Internet or on networks, namely computer software in the
    field of data monitoring and tracking and detection used to monitor,
    analyze, and report on computer network and access.
    http://www.trademarkia.com/lucy-78547594.html

Before going to legal-discuss@a.o and trademarks@a.o, I feel like we should
finish the search and hone the request for guidance.  I'm going to open a Lucy
JIRA ticket to track this.

Marvin Humphrey