lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [Lucy] FreeBSD builds
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 02:43:12 GMT
Peter Karman wrote on 4/2/10 9:36 PM:
> Marvin Humphrey wrote on 3/30/10 2:58 PM:
>
>>> Wish I had access to a FreeBSD 8.x box so I could figure out what went wrong
>>> here:
>>>
>>>     http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/7013414
>>
>> Still broken, same problem:
>>
>>    http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/7037224
>>

> I just did a fresh install of FreeBSD 8.0 stable on a local VM, and tested both
> KS 0.30_10 from CPAN and from svn, against the following:
>
>  * locally compiled Perl 5.8.9
>  * locally compiled Perl 5.10.1
>  * perl 5.8.9_3 from ports
>
> All built fine and passed all tests.
>
> Which leads me to believe that there is something wonky about that cpantesters
> environment.

I should add that this was a i386 FreeBSD on a VirtualBox vm running on OSX 10.6
Intel 64-bit arch. It looks like that test referenced about was running the same
dist, but had these compiler flags different than mine:

 -O2 -mtune=athlon64 -pipe

whereas I simply had:

 -O

I tried running with the same compiler flags and it still worked for me.