lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [KinoSearch] Searchers and segments
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 15:13:00 GMT
On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 08:18:47AM -0500, Peter Karman wrote:
> I just want to confirm something I assume is true.
>
> A Searcher will returns results only for the segments of the index that
> existed at the time the Searcher was created.

I added the following clause to IndexSearcher's docs in an attempt to address
this question:

 * IndexSearchers operate against a single point-in-time view or
 * L<Snapshot|KinoSearch::Index::Snapshot> of the index.  If an index is
 * modified, a new IndexSearcher must be opened to access the changes.

Marvin Humphrey