lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject memory use
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 02:25:04 GMT
I have a collection of about 90k+ docs totaling about 2.2G.

When I index with KS 0.30_072 I see memory use climb to about 80M and hold
relatively steady.

With svn trunk, I see memory use climb steadily throughout the 15 minutes or so
it takes to index, reaching 600M+.

Initially I thought this was due to the recent changes in trunk to SortExternal
and so didn't think much of it since I knew that feature was currently receiving
some attention to reduce memory use. But I didn't want possible other leaks to
go unreported.

So I guess my question is: is that kind of memory use to be expected?